The Chamber’s economic development department actively provides assistance to area companies, primarily in the industrial and commercial sectors, as they seek to grow and expand their businesses.
The Chamber networks business owners and managers with various resources and incentive programs available in the community, and strives to match individual company’s needs to available and appropriate resources.
Economic development is a relationship business and as such, the Chamber continually seeks new opportunities for raising awareness of our ability to help local companies.
In 2010, the Chamber, in partnership with DeHoff Development, will aggressively pursue land sales in the Mills Business Park. The business park will further position Canton/Stark County to attract new industrial and commercial development. The park is already being actively marketed to prospects.
Now entering its eighth year, SYNCHRONIST continues to identify individual economic development projects and provides a better understanding of underlying trends and issues impacting the local economy. This is a highly effective tool for reaching out to the local business community.
Our Economic Development Goals & Objectives
- Facilitate new capital investment and resulting economic growth for Canton and the surrounding region
- Provide existing and prospective businesses with pertinent information regarding the region’s assets, resources and benefits in the area of sustainability and environmentally-friendly operations
- Assist local, established companies in growing their operations in Canton/Stark County
- Promote Canton/Stark County to businesses outside of our region who are looking to expand or relocate
- Actively market parcels in Mills Business Park and support the development of other area industrial properties
- Position Canton/Stark County as a sustainability-minded region for business development
Joining the Canton Regional Chamber gives you access to best in class programs, networking and business-building resources. Learn more about the benefits of becoming a member today!
We're excited to introduce you to Canton Inc., a new economic development publication that the Canton Regional Chamber of… Continue Reading about Canton Inc. Magazine
IdeaCrossing® is a free online resource that connects entrepreneurs with the resources necessary to turn innovative ideas into… Continue Reading about IdeaCrossing
Begun in 2005, the Advantage Canton Economic Development Program has resulted in millions of dollars in new investments and area employment… Continue Reading about Advantage Canton
2013 STRATEGIC PLAN EXECUTIVE SUMMARY FROM DENNIS P. SAUNIER, PRESIDENT & CEO We are entering our… Continue Reading about 2013 Chamber Vision and Goals