CANTON, OH (July 23, 2010) – To accommodate the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival 5-Mile and 2-Mile Races, several streets will be closed to traffic, either partially or entirely, on Sunday morning, Aug. 1, from 7:30 a.m. until approximately 10:30 a.m.
According to Lt. John Rubis of the Canton City Police Traffic and Accident Bureau, the following streets will be closed:
- * Monument Rd. NW from 23rd St. to Seventh St. NW
- * Seventh St. NW from McGregor Ave. NW to Elgin Ave. NW
- * 12th St. NW from Mercy Dr. NW to Ridge Rd. NW
- * Harrison Ave. NW from 17th St. NW to Park Dr.
- * In the event of an emergency, vehicles will be allowed to travel on 12th St. NW
As a reminder, there is no Race day registration, so those still wishing to register can do so in several ways:
- * On-line at www.signmeup.com/67167 until 2 p.m. on Friday, July 30
- * At packet pick-up at the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday, July 31 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cash and/or other prizes will be awarded to top finishers in the 5-mile and 2-mile events, and both serious and recreational runners are welcome to participate. A new element to this year’s activities is the addition of a Walking Division in the 5-Mile Race, with prizes awarded to the top three finishers. The walkers in this division must be able to maintain an 18-minute pace. Starting the morning’s activities will be the sixth annual free, 400-meter Kids Fun Run for youngsters six and under, where everyone is a winner! All races finish at the steps of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, offering great photo opportunities and the chance to visit the museum. For information about the Races or other Enshrinement Festival activities, visit www.profootballhofef.com.