2022 Light Up Downtown
CLICK HERE to view the map.
Parking: Parking is available on-street (with the exception of Market Avenue) and in the following parking lots and decks (for a nominal fee):
- Former Timken High School parking lot
- Stark County District Library lot
- City Centre Parking Deck at 120 Cleveland Avenue South; enter off of West Tuscarawas
- Millennium Center Parking Deck; enter off of Walnut and 2nd Street NE
Thursday, December 1
- Beginning at 2:00 PM (till conclusion of event):
- Market Avenue from Tuscarawas Street to 6th Street North
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Streets North from Court to Piedmont
- Beginning at 4:00 PM (till conclusion of event):
- Market Avenue from Tuscarawas to 7th Street South
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Streets South from Court to Piedmont
**** TUSC WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL 5****
- Beginning at 5:00 PM (till conclusion of event):
- Tuscarawas Street from Piedmont to Cleveland Avenue
Meters will be bagged by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 30:
- Market Avenue South: from 4th to 5th Streets South
- Market Avenue North: from 2nd to 6th Streets North
- 2nd Street North: from Piedmont to Cleveland
- 3rd Street North: from Market to Cleveland
- 3rd Street North: from Market to Piedmont
- 4th Street North: from Piedmont to Court
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHERE IS THE MAIN STAGE?
The main stage will be at Centennial Plaza in downtown Canton.
WHAT TIME ARE THE FIREWORKS, AND WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO WATCH THEM?
Fireworks, presented by Ziegler Bolt & Nut House, will be shot off immediately following the stage show (approximately 6:45 p.m.). There will be great viewing from Centennial Plaza area.
WHEN AND WHERE CAN WE GET PHOTOS WITH SANTA?
Don’t forget to bring your cameras and cell phones to take photos with Santa at Centennial Plaza, shortly after the fireworks have concluded. Photos will end promptly at 8:30 p.m. Other venues may feature Santa Claus. Check the map for locations.
WHERE CAN WE BUY SOUVENIRS?
A variety of official souvenirs will be available at the white tent located in front of the Chamber offices, Market Avenue between 2nd and 3rd Streets North.
WHERE ARE PORTABLE RESTROOMS LOCATED?
Portable restrooms are located in three areas: 5th Street & Market South (across from The Repository), 3rd St and Court Ave NW, and 5th Street & Market Avenue North.
WHICH BUSINESSES ARE HANDING OUT REFRESHMENTS OR DOING MAKE-AND-TAKE CRAFTS?
Each downtown business decides how they want to participate, so please our map for location. There are MANY businesses participating, so we encourage you to visit as many venues as possible.
WHERE CAN WE GO TO GET GLOVES, HATS, SOCKS THAT ARE BEING DISTRIBUTED?
Distribution takes place by WHBC, 6th Street South
WHICH DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES ARE OPEN FOR LIGHT UP DOWNTOWN?
We're excited to have over 25 venues in a 14-block area participating tonight. CLICK HERE to view the map showing each participating business.
HOW FAR NORTH AND SOUTH DOES THE EVENT GO?
The event runs from 7th Street North to 7th Street South.
WHERE CAN I RIDE THE LITTLE ROAMING RAILROAD PRESENTED BY SARTA
The train will board on Market/Tusc North, by Central Plaza.
WHERE ARE THE HORSE-DRAWN CARRIAGE RIDES BEING OFFERED?
Carriage rides, are available on the corner of 4th St. and Market Avenue South. (There will be no rides during the fireworks). They are presented by the Pro Football Hall of Fame
WHERE IS THE 720 VILLAGE OF SHOPS BEING HELD?
Marathon presents the 720 Village of Shops at DoubleTree by Hilton Canton, 4:30 – 8:30 PM
WHERE IS THE LIVE REINDEER?
The live reindeer will be located at Central Plaza North, presented by the Pro Football Hall of Fame
WHERE CAN I SEE WOODY THE TROLLEY?
Sarta’s Woody the Trolly will be located on Market Ave.N and 3rd St.
WHERE IS THE FUN PHOTO OP BOOTH?
The Fun Photo Booth, presented by First Commonwealth Bank, wlll be located at 2nd St/Market North.
IS FOOD BEING SOLD AT LIGHT UP DOWNTOWN?
Outside of the refreshments being offered by participating venues, we do not have food for sale. Check with some of the great downtown restaurants who might be open for dinner.
CLICK HERE to view the map.