- Asia Boykin, 18, of Canton, Ohio. Daughter of Brandi Boykin and Jason Barbosa. Soon to graduate from Canton South High School.
- Jill Grove, 22, of Alliance, Ohio. Daughter of Phil and Jodie Grove. Graduate of Alliance High School and currently attending Youngstown State University.
- Marisa Karapasha, 21, of Canton, Ohio. Daughter of Steve and Linda Karapasha. Graduate of Jackson High School and Cleveland State University.
- Briana McAfee, 18, of Massillon, Ohio. Daughter of Bill and Lori McAfee. Soon to graduate from Canton Central Catholic High School.
- Heather Ramsey, 18, of North Canton, Ohio. Daughter of Kent and Tam Ramsey. Graduate of Hoover High School and currently attending Lipscomb University.
- Amy Rogers, 21, of Canton, Ohio. Daughter of Tim and Linda Rogers. Graduate of GlenOak High School and currently attending University of Akron.
- Emily Scarpitti, 20, of Canton, Ohio. Daughter of Cathie Scarpitti and Vincent Scarpitti. Graduate of Canton Central Catholic High School and currently attending Walsh University.
Emily Scarpitti, Jill Grove, Heather Ramsey, Briana McAfee, Queen Claire Kendig, Marisa Karapasha, Amy Rogers, and Asia Boykin[/caption] Kayleigh Kriss, mid-day personality and FM music director of WHBC Mix 94.1, and Ron Ponder, host of Points to Ponder on News-Talk 1480 WHBC, were masters of ceremonies, and Tonya Hodgson Stuck was choreographer. Joe Halter, 2013 general chairman of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival’s Canton Regional Chamber committees, assisted with crowning the new queen and seven Court members, and Bob Hill Quartet, Daryl Robinson, and The University of Akron Dance Team provided entertainment throughout the Pageant. Judges for the event included David Peppard, CIO, Emergency Medicine Physicians; Margaret Reaves, director, Turnaround Community Outreach; Kevin Shiplett, operations manager, Pro Football Hall of Fame; and Vicky Sterling, vice president of sales and marketing, Pinnacle Press, and 2013 Enshrinement Festival General Vice Chairman of the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce committees. Crystal McLendon, 2013 Queen Pageant chairman, vice chairman Brenda Stevens, and the members of the Queen Committee will work with Enshrinement Festival staff to coordinate all activities relating to the Queen and Court during their service as goodwill ambassadors and positive role models throughout the summer via participation in a wide range of community service projects. At the Enshrinees’ Gold Jacket Dinner, the Court will serve as escorts to the Class of 2013 Enshrinees, including: Larry Allen, Cris Carter, Curley Culp, Jonathan Ogden, Bill Parcells, Dave Robinson, and Warren Sapp. Further, the Queen and Court will represent the community at all Enshrinement Festival activities, happening from Friday, July 19 through Tuesday, Aug. 6.
ABOUT THE ENSHRINEMENT FESTIVALIn 2013, the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Enshrinement Festival will mark the 50th anniversary of honoring the legends of professional football, which includes conducting a world-renowned festival celebrating the annual enshrinement of football players, coaches and contributors into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The collaborative efforts of this leadership team, combined with the professional staffs at the Canton Regional Chamber and the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and the dedicated team of more than 4,200 volunteers, will ensure the success of 19 diverse events from July 19 to Aug. 6, 2013. The Enshrinement Festival activities, attended by nearly 700,000 people, are expected to produce an economic impact of over $32 million for the Canton/Stark County area and $56 million for the State of Ohio. In addition, millions will experience aspects of the Enshrinement Festival as events are televised and covered by other media. The central focus and highlight of this year’s Enshrinement Festival will be the Aug. 3 Enshrinement Ceremony for the Class of 2013 Enshrinees: Larry Allen, Cris Carter, Curley Culp, Jonathan Ogden, Bill Parcells, Dave Robinson, and Warren Sapp. For the complete schedule of events, ticket information, and the latest news, check the Web sites periodically: www.profootballhofef.com or www.profootballhof.com.