Canton/Stark County is a prime place to do business. We have a strong community of existing businesses, abundant natural resources, low cost of living, educated workforce, and below average unemployment rate.
The Chamber’s economic development efforts provide assistance to area companies, primarily in the industrial and commercial sectors, as they seek to grow and expand their businesses.
The Chamber networks business owners and managers with various resources and incentive programs available in the community, and strives to match individual company’s needs to available and appropriate resources.
Our Economic Development Goals & Objectives
- Facilitate new capital investment and resulting economic growth for Canton and the surrounding region
- Provide existing and prospective businesses with pertinent information regarding the region’s assets, resources and benefits in the area of sustainability and environmentally-friendly operations
- Assist local, established companies in growing their operations in Canton/Stark County
- Assist small business start-ups and existing businesses via the Small Business Growth Network
- Promote Canton/Stark County to businesses outside of our region who are looking to expand or relocate
- Seek new investments and jobs as a result of the oil and gas industry in Eastern Ohio
- Actively market parcels in Mills Business Park and support the development of other area industrial properties
- Position Canton/Stark County as a sustainability-minded region for business development
Our economic development efforts are led by Michael P. Gill, vice president of economic development, who can be reached at 330.458.2090 or email@example.com.