CANTON, OH (July 29, 2011) – The Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival department of the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce is responsible for planning and staging the Timken Grand Parade in a cooperative effort with the City of Canton. It is the desire of all parties to maintain a safe event by not permitting any activities that could pose a risk or enhance the chance of injury to any parade participants and/or spectators. Therefore, the following shall apply to all entities that are not sanctioned by the Enshrinement Festival as sponsors and/or official partners:
* All vendors (even if licensed by the City, County and/or State) are prohibited from selling anywhere on the route.
* Any vendor sales or solicitation for sales must occur outside of the barricades.
Distributors of information/materials:
* Because of the confined space and safety concerns in the areas where ticket holder seats are located, distribution of information and/or materials is prohibited south of 12th Street North.
* If entities choose to distribute information and/or materials, such distribution will be permitted only north of 12th Street North and only behind the spectators.
* Any such distribution north of 12th Street North must be done in an orderly, non-confrontational manner so as not to cause congestion and/or infringe on people’s rights to view the parade without interruption.
* Information/materials deemed by Enshrinement Festival to be controversial and/or political in nature are prohibited.
Spectators and participants:
* Spectators are absolutely prohibited from coming onto the street and/or approaching any of the units for photographs, autographs, or any other reason.
* Parade participants are prohibited from approaching spectators and/or throwing anything into the crowd.
The Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce also reminds all political candidates and those who support or oppose political and/or ballot issues that the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival “Policy on Politics” prohibits distribution of political information and/or materials within the event boundaries. The policy has been in place since 1993, and specifically states the following:
* All political signs, brochures or any other political materials at any Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival event are prohibited.
* No person presently holding and/or running for political office shall be permitted to participate in or be introduced at Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival events except as follows:
* The President and/or Vice-President of the United States, the Governor of the State of Ohio, and the Mayor of the City of Canton shall be welcome.
* A volunteer working member of a Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival Committee may participate but may not be introduced except in his or her official Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival committee capacity.
Get this news in your inbox
Call Us: (330) 456-7253
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Get Directions Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce222 Market Avenue North,