Financial Legacy Symposium
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER
Estate - Taxes - Succession Planning
With a tidal wave of “baby boomer” business owners choosing to retire, we’re seeing a demographic shift resulting in a growing and urgent need for business succession, tax and estate planning.
The Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce is holding a new event called the Financial Legacy Symposium, which will feature 15 panel discussions and over 30 professionals in the fields of taxes, accounting, law, banking and business ownership from these participating businesses (to-date):
415 Group • Apple Growth Partners • Bixler Moore LLC • Black McCuskey • Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, LLC • Citizens Bank • Hall, Kistler & Company LLP • Huntington Bank • KeyBank • Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths and Dougherty Co., L.P.A. • Layman Law Group • Stark Community Foundation • Westfield Bank
You’ll also hear best practices and discussions from these family businesses and organizations (to-date):
The Belden Brick Co. • BindTech • DeHoff Development • Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland & East Central Ohio • Kempthorn Motors • KIKO Company • Massillon Cable • Schauer Group • Solmet Industries • Walsh University
All panels will be moderated by Beese Fulmer Private Wealth Management.
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Preparing your business for succession planning
- Preparing your business for sale
- Overview of estate planning
- Best practices of charitable planning and giving
- Overview of Elder Care and Medicaid planning
- What do private equity deals look like?
- Fireside chat on ESOPs and financing
- Discussions with families: passing the torch
- “I’ve been in your shoes” and more!