Free Workshop! Building Better Boards
The workshop features three sessions:
- Building Consensus, led by Rabbi John Spitzer
An interactive session on techniques for arriving at agreement
- The Role of the Board, led by Elizabeth Voudouris of Business Volunteers Unlimited
Top practices and tools to strengthen your board
- Legal Responsibilities of Board Service, led by Randy Snow of Black McCuskey Souers & Arbaugh Law Firm
The latest information from the legal field
This is a great way for Leadership Stark County alumni, Spotlight graduates, and young professionals to prepare themselves for their first term of service. Current non-profit board members and LSC alumni will hear the latest trends, best practices in governance and strategies for more effective boards.
- New and current non-profit board members
- LSC Spotlight graduates preparing to serve their first board terms
Reservations will be taken until January 21 or until filled.
Directions to the Timken Company, 1835 Dueber Av., SW, Canton Oh, 44706
Take Rt. 77 South to the Cleveland Ave. South (Rt. 800) exit 103. On the ramp, bear to the left and go to the stoplight. You'll see a sign pointing straight ahead to "Timken Place". Follow that road (through the light and RR tracks) for about a ¼ mile and you end up on Dueber Ave.
Park in the visitor’s lot that will be reserved for this event. We encourage you to car-pool, as parking is limited. Overflow parking is north on Dueber past the buildings on the right. You will see recycle bins in this lot. From the visitor’s lot, walk to the company’s headquarters which is the second building on the right.