Leadership Stark County is embarking on its 30th anniversary of building community trusteeship through leadership development programs and educational resources, and we want to say thank you to our alumni, community partners, sponsors and friends with several special events!
What began as a dream of several community and business leaders with a single program, now boasts over 1,200 alumni and six programs, including our Signature Program, Spotlight for Young Professionals, Government Academy, Encounter Bus Tours, Board Matching, and our newest offering, Leadership Coaching. Our alumni go on to serve on non-profit boards, be elected to office, lead capital campaigns, become active community volunteers and strengthen their own workplaces.
As we enter our 30th year, we’re excited to announce a wide variety of special events and celebrations, all in addition to our regular programs. Our diverse schedule of events is designed to reflect on our program’s history, give back to the community, re-inspire, and, of course, celebrate!
Look for more information on these exciting events at LeadershipStarkCounty.org in the weeks and months ahead, and of course, plan to join us!
- Motivational Morning with Rob Snow: Building Resiliency - September 30, 2016
- In his show Minimize the Mountain, Rob Snow uses his background in stand-up comedy and personal experience to get the audience to laugh, be inspired, and build resiliency amid setbacks, both personally and professionally. Join us for this FREE morning program at the Canton Palace Theatre sponsored by the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce. Register at LeadershipStarkCounty.org.
- Leadership Past, Present, and Future Forum - November 30, 2016
- How have business challenges and opportunities changed in areas such as manufacturing, health care and education over the past 30th years, and what has remained the same? Leaders in these sectors and more will share their perspective at this breakfast event.
- Economic Development Tour & CEO Keynote, Hendrickson - January 30, 2017
- Take a tour of one of Stark County’s cutting-edge businesses and global leader in heavy-duty suspensions, Hendrickson. Gary Gerstenslager, president and CEO, will share how Hendrickson continues to pioneer innovative solutions.
- Team-up for Leadership Stark County - March 30, 2017
- Be inspired by the innovative, forward-thinking plans for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, as alumni and friends gather for this after-hours networking event at the Hall.
- All Alumni Leadership Giving Back Day – April 29, 2017
- Alumni from all programs and their families are invited to take part in our first-ever Leadership Giving Back Day benefitting the Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank. Children welcome!
- 30 Faces of Leadership Stark County awards
- Look for our “30 Faces” award winners as they’re announced in local media and at our finale celebration. These are 30 Leadership Stark County alumni, nominated by fellow alumni and community leaders, for making a significant impact in our community.
- 30th year Finale Celebration – May 10, 2017
- Save the date for our grand finale celebration at Varian Orchards on May 10. You won’t want to miss it! Details coming soon.