- Examining social and economic issues through panel discussions with political and civic leaders.
- Exploring the cultural, economic, and historic features of Stark County on a wide-ranging bus tour.
- Delving into economic development with on-site tours and small-group interaction with CEOs.
- Taking a jail tour, meeting with local judges, and investigating the justice system on a cruiser ride with sheriff’s deputies and police.
- Role-playing within a poverty simulation and visiting non-profits to understand their unique concerns.
Leadership Stark County Signature Program Applications Available for 2015-2016 Class
Applications are now available online at LeadershipStarkCounty.org for the 29th Class of Leadership Stark County's (LSC) 10-month Signature Program. The Signature Program is an in-depth examination of Stark County’s assets and challenges, along with an introduction to effecting community change. The Signature Program is ideal for business and community leaders. Each year, selected participants enhance their leadership skills and gain an understanding of local issues, assets, and resources. Prospective candidates and employers are encouraged to attend an informational breakfast on Thursday, March 19, 8:00-9:00 AM at the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce. At this free, no-obligation session applicants, prospective candidates will be offered an overview of LSC's Signature program, an explanation of the application process, tuition assistance information and a question and answer segment. Reservations are requested by Tuesday, March 17. Make reservations online at LeadershipStarkCounty.org or call 330-458-2095. Your leadership experience begins with an intense two-day Opening Retreat in September that will provide you with an in-depth personal leadership assessment and dynamic workshops. From there you’ll meet once per month to expand your capacity for leadership and service in our community. Your Signature Class experience includes: