SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO DOWNTOWN!
Join us on December 6, 2018, stage show at 6:00 p.m., activities and entertainment continues until 8:30 p.m. The whole family will enjoy Light Up Downtown, presented by the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce in cooperation with the Downtown Special Improvement District.
ENJOY THE HOLIDAY HOOPLA!
Watch 14 city blocks come alive with attractions, entertainment, refreshments and fun for children of all ages.
Light Up Downtown will be held snow, rain or shine. There will be plenty of parking both on-street and in the former Timken High School and Stark County District Library parking lots, as well as parking in various decks and lots throughout downtown for a nominal fee.
FAQs about Light Up Downtown:
WHAT ARE THE HOURS FOR THE EVENT?
• Festivities begin on Thursday, December 6 at 6:00 p.m. and will conclude at 8:30 p.m.
WHICH ROADS WILL BE CLOSED (THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6)?
2:00 p.m. - end of event
• Market Avenue from Tuscarawas Street to 6th Street North
• 3rd, 4th and 5th Streets from Court to Piedmont
• 4:00 p.m. - end of event
• Market Avenue from Tuscarawas to 6th Street South
• 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Streets South from Court to Piedmont
5:00 p.m. - end of event
• Tuscarawas Street from Piedmont to McKinley Avenue
5:30 p.m. - approximately 7:30 p.m. (when clearance is given by Canton Fire Department following the fireworks)
• Walnut Avenue from Tuscarawas Street to 4th Street North
WHAT TIME ARE THE FIREWORKS, AND WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO WATCH THEM?
• The fireworks will be shot off immediately following the stage show (approximately 6:45 p.m.). There will be great viewing at many areas along Market Avenue, especially in the areas of Tuscarawas and 2nd Street North.
WHEN AND WHERE CAN WE GET PHOTOS WITH SANTA?
• Don’t forget to bring your cameras and cell phones to take photos with Santa, at the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, shortly after the fireworks have concluded. Please enter the 2nd and Market entrance to the Millennium building, and you will be directed to the Canton Chamber door. Photos will end promptly at 8:30 p.m. Other venues will also feature Santa Claus. Check the map (which will be available prior to the event) for locations.
WHERE CAN WE BUY SOUVENIRS?
• A variety of official souvenirs will be available at the white tent located in front of the Chamber offices, Market Avenue between 2nd and 3rd Streets North.
WHERE ARE PORTABLE RESTROOMS LOCATED?
• Portable restrooms are located in three areas: 5th Street & Market South (across from The Repository), 3rd Street and Market Avenue North (Rite Aid area), and 5th Street & Market Avenue North.
WHICH BUSINESSES ARE HANDING OUT REFRESHMENTS OR DOING MAKE-AND-TAKE CRAFTS?
• Each downtown business decides how they want to participate, so we’re not sure which ones are offering refreshments or crafts. There are MANY businesses participating, so we encourage you to visit as many venues as possible.
WHERE CAN WE GO TO GET GLOVES, HATS, SOCKS THAT ARE BEING DISTRIBUTED?
• Distribution takes place at Market Avenue & 5th Street South.
WHICH DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES ARE OPEN FOR LIGHT UP DOWNTOWN?
• We're excited to have over 40 venues in a 14-block area participating tonight. Check back soon for a map showing each participating business.
HOW FAR NORTH AND SOUTH DOES THE EVENT GO?
• The event runs from 7th Street North to 7th Street South.
WHERE ARE THE HORSE-DRAWN CARRIAGE RIDES BEING OFFERED?
• Carriage rides are available on Market Avenue South, in front of the McKinley Grand Hotel.(There will be no rides during the fireworks).
IS FOOD BEING SOLD AT LIGHT UP DOWNTOWN?
• Outside of the refreshments being offered by participating venues, we do not have food for sale. Check with some of the great downtown restaurants who might be open for dinner.