Join us on Dec. 7, 2017 for a FREE Canton holiday tradition, Light Up Downtown! The whole family will enjoy Light Up Downtown, presented by the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce in cooperation with the Downtown Special Improvement District. All of your favorite holiday characters will visit from winter wonderlands – and it's all brought to life at Central Plaza.
TONS OF HOLIDAY HOOPLA!
Beyond the main stage show which begins at 5:45pm, watch 14 city blocks come alive with attractions, entertainment, refreshments and fun for children of all ages. This festival is FREE!
Light Up Downtown will be held snow, rain or shine. There will be plenty of parking both on-street and in the former Timken High School and Stark County District Library parking lots, as well as parking in various decks and lots throughout downtown for a nominal fee.
FAQS ABOUT LIGHT UP DOWNTOWN:
WHAT ARE THE HOURS FOR THE EVENT?
• Festivities begin on December 7 with a stage show at 5:45pm, and will conclude at 8:30pm
WHEN ARE THE FIREWORKS, AND WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO WATCH THEM?
• The fireworks will be shot off immediately following the stage show (approx 6:20pm). Anywhere in the Market Square green space will be a great viewing location.
WHEN WILL THE STAGE SHOW BEGIN?
• The stage show begins at 5:45pm. The stage is located on Market Ave. between 3rd & 4th Streets North.
WHICH ROADS WILL BE CLOSED?
• More information about road closures coming soon.
WHEN AND WHERE CAN WE GET PHOTOS WITH SANTA?
• Photos with Santa will be available on the main stage shortly after the fireworks have concluded. Photos will end promptly at 8:30pm. Other venues will also feature Santa Claus. Check the map for locations.
WHERE CAN WE BUY SOUVENIRS?
• A variety of official souvenirs will be available at the white tent located in front of the Chamber offices, Market Ave. between 2nd and 3rd Streets.
WHERE ARE PORTABLE RESTROOMS LOCATED?
• Portable restrooms are located in three areas: 5th Street & Market South (across from The Repository), 4th Street North & Court Ave., and 5th Street & Market North.
WHICH BUSINESSES ARE HANDING OUT REFRESHMENTS OR DOING MAKE-AND-TAKE CRAFTS?
• Each business decides how they want to participate, so we’re not sure which ones are offering refreshments or crafts. We can tell you that there are MANY businesses participating, so we encourage you to visit as many venues as possible.
WHERE CAN WE GO TO GET GLOVES, HATS, SOCKS THAT ARE BEING DISTRIBUTED?
• Distribution takes place at Market Ave. & 5th Street South.
WHICH DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES ARE OPEN FOR LIGHT UP DOWNTOWN?
• We’re excited to have over 40 venues in a 14-block area participating.
HOW FAR NORTH AND SOUTH DOES THE EVENT GO?
• The event runs from 7th Street North to 7th Street South.
WHERE ARE THE CARRIAGE RIDES BEING OFFERED?
• Carriage rides are available on Market Ave. South, in front of the McKinley Grand Hotel. No rides during the fireworks.
IS FOOD BEING SOLD AT LIGHT UP DOWNTOWN?
• Outside of the refreshments being offered by participating venues, we do not have food for sale. Check with some of the great downtown restaurants who might be open for dinner.