CANTON, OH (September 30, 2008) - The fourth annual Stark County Safety Council (SCSC) Scholarship applications are now available. The SCSC Scholarship is meant to encourage college students to pursue careers in safety and public health. The SCSC's 2008 Scholarship Award for Safety and Public Health Careers is $1,000 and the number of scholarships awarded will be determined by the SCSC steering committee.
To meet eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be employed by a member company of the SCSC, children or stepchildren of member company employees, or children or stepchildren of member company owners.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale verified by High School or College transcripts to qualify for the SCSC Award Scholarships.
- Applicants must be presently enrolled or planning to enroll in an undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
- Applicants must be majoring or planning to major in the fields of safety, industrial hygiene, public health safety, insurance or risk management.
- Applicants must be of good moral character.
- Applicants must submit at least two character references from non-relatives (ministers, teachers, employers, etc.)
Scholarship award recipients will be selected based on: emphasis on SAFETY career fields, academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors or awards, work experience, goals and aspirations and unusual personal or family situations.
Full details regarding the SCSC Scholarship are available online via the scholarship application. Visit www.starkcountysafetycouncil.org to download the application, or pickup an application at the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Return completed scholarship applications to: Connie Cerny, Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce, 222 Market Avenue N., Canton, Ohio 44702.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17. All award recipients and non-recipients will be notified no later than December 23, 2008. Please direct any questions to Connie Cerny at 330.458.2061 or firstname.lastname@example.org