2018 Business Excellence Scholarship Award Essay Contest
PRESENTED BY DAY KETTERER
About the Scholarship: The Law Firm of Day Ketterer has established an annual scholarship to be awarded at the Canton Regional Chamber’s Business Excellence Awards. The scholarship is designed to acknowledge the importance of the role of business in the community and the nation, and to encourage students to continue to expand their business and leadership skills and to contribute to their local business community upon graduation from college.
Scholarship Amount: $2,000
Criteria & Submission Details:
- Strong academic achievement
- Currently enrolled as a Stark County high school senior, any Stark County high school graduate, currently enrolled in a college or university, or any high school graduate currently enrolled in a Stark County college or university.
- 500-1000 word original essay entitled: “The Proper Role of Government in the Regulation of U.S. Business.”
- Candidate must be a Stark County resident.
- Candidate must be available to attend the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Business Excellence Awards on Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
- Employees, spouses, and family members of Day Ketterer Ltd. and the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce are not eligible to apply.
- A one-time (non-renewable) scholarship will be awarded to the winner.
- The one-time scholarship can be used for tuition, room, board, textbooks, or other educational expenses at any university or college in the United States. The check will be sent directly to the college of the winner to be applied to the designated expense.
- The application deadline was 8 a.m., Friday, March 9, 2018.
During the dinner and awards banquet, the scholarship winner will be formally announced.
Contact Kristy Hitesman with any questions regarding the scholarship at email@example.com or 330.458.2034.