2019 Business Excellence Scholarship Award Essay Contest
PRESENTED BY DAY KETTERER
About the Scholarship: The Law Firm of Day Ketterer has established an annual scholarship to be awarded at the Canton Regional Chamber’s Business Excellence Awards. The scholarship is designed to acknowledge the important role business plays in the community and the nation. It is also intended to encourage students to advance their business and leadership skills, with the goal of contributing to the local business community upon graduation from college.
Scholarship Amount: $2,500
Criteria & Submission Details:
- Strong academic achievement
- Currently enrolled as a Stark County high school senior or a Stark County high school graduate, currently enrolled in a college or university.
- 500-1000 word original essay entitled: "The Effect of Tariffs on the U.S. and World Economies."
- Candidate must be a Stark County resident.
- Candidate must be available to attend the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Business Excellence Awards on Tuesday, May 7, 2019.
- Employees, spouses, and family members of Day Ketterer Ltd. and the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce are not eligible to apply.
- A one-time (non-renewable) scholarship will be awarded to the winner.
- The one-time scholarship can be used for tuition, room, board, textbooks, or other educational expenses at any university or college in the United States. The check will be sent directly to the college of the winner to be applied to the designated expense.
- The application deadline is 12:00 p.m. EST, Friday, March 15, 2019.
Please email your essay, in a Word or PDF format, along with a copy of your most current transcript, to email@example.com by the March 15 deadline. Please note: all essays and transcripts will be confidential. The winner will be notified on, or before, April 12, 2019. The winner, and a parent or guardian, will attend the Canton Regional Chamber’s Business Excellence Award dinner on May 7 as Day Ketterer’s guests. During the dinner and awards banquet, the scholarship winner will be formally announced.
Contact Jennifer Novotny with any questions regarding the scholarship at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330.458.2034.