Community & Workforce Development is an initiative of the Chamber’s collective interests in education, workforce, economic development and young professionals. Included are: ystark!, university relations, workforce partnership initiatives, workforce and education task forces, regional retention and expansion networking efforts, business retention surveys and visits, and energy industry relations. Areas of commonality will be cohesively integrated to allow for opportunities of greater development in our regional community and workforce competitiveness.
Program goals include:
- Expand education and campus collaborations
- Lead collaborative workforce goals through community partnerships
- Support and promote initiatives that attract and engage new and existing business and employment opportunities in the area
- Increase the quality of life and identify opportunities to grow, connect and be a part of regional community development
- Grow and engage ystark! membership to cultivate the next generation of leaders
For more information, contact Eric Smer, director of community & workforce development, at email@example.com.